Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Already, I Have Issues

So last night, I was creating my first post, and I said to myself, "Hey, how do I do all those neat things like bolds and quotes and linking?"

I actually looked in the "Help" section--if all else fails, read the directions--and found out that this option is not yet available in Safari.

I switched to IE, but the formatting bar still wasn't there.

I'm doing this post at the job, where I use a PC, whereas at home we have a Mac. So I'm concluding that this option is just not available on the Mac. I could post from the job, but it's, like, The Job.

So maybe it's time to pick up a PC notebook and be a cross-platform house, and just fight over who gets to use the cable modem. Unless anybody knows a browser to use that will let me format on the Mac.

Comments:
I use Mozilla on my PC and it has the formatting bar; they have a version available for Mac. Worth a try.
 
Okay, Jim downloaded Mozilla last night and I'll try it when I get home tonight.

Meanwhile, hand-coded commands appear to work. I still remember most of them offhand, except for that link thing ahref! or something that sounds like my grandpa clearing his throat.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map