Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Just Do It!

Josh Marshall goes all Doctor Phil, and I love it:

To my thinking, the prime objective of preventing the president from
phasing out Social Security is preventing the president from phasing out Social
Security
.

And furthermore:

Spin has its limits. You show voters that you have direction and conviction and values principally by having them. And for all the short- and medium-term political handicapping, I believe that's what they are doing right now.

Now, if I just substitute the word "me" for the word "Democrats," I can get up off my lazy conflicted ass and get something done.

Likewise, Michael Tomasky at the American Prospect advises the Dems, move to the left, move to the right, stand up sit down fight fight...

I’ve been writing lately about the internal discussions Democrats and
liberals need to have to understand and update their core philosophy and
communicate it to voters more effectively. Those discussions are vital, but
they’re only one side of the equation. There’s something else Democrats need to
do, which isn’t nearly so complicated. They need to fight.


True, the unexamined life is not worth living. But the too-examined life makes you walk into walls a lot. And lose.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map