Friday, May 20, 2005

Is It Friday Already?


ashley1
Originally uploaded by brunobaby.
Ashley waits until my alarm rings in the morning before she starts asking for food. Then she jumps on the bed.

"Ow-wooo! Ow-wooo! Ow-wooo! Map, map, map!"

She will be assuaged with petting for a couple of minutes, then asks again. "Map?"

Sometimes, if I'm really tired, I do the "fake." That's where I sit up and swing one leg over the side of the bed. Then, as the cats run into the kitchen--Ashley like a deer with her tail flashing in the morning light, Chico like a Japanese bullet train--I get back into bed. They mill anxiously about the kitchen for a few moments, then they look at me as if to say, "Heyyyy....!" Then they jump on the bed and start again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map