Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Upgrade to the Upgrade

I went to J&R on Friday evening and bought Tiger, again proving my status as either a grown-up or a chump by actually buying software.

I installed it on Saturday evening, and immediately got a prompt that there was an upgrade available to the upgrade, one of those itty bitty point-point-point upgrades. So we downloaded that and installed it.

Then the Mac spent three hours indexing for that new "Spotlight" feature, and we went to bed.

Sunday was a non-software-installing day. Then last night, once again I went to install the DVD software, and this time I got a message saying there were errors and the installer was unable to complete the installation.

I sent a service request to LaCie through their site and we're now waiting for a reply. I'm willing to bet that this has something to do with the itty bitty upgrade, and the software manufacturers are trying to keep ahead of the curve too. Fortunately, I don't have to do this particular thing for a job or anything urgent, so I can afford to get frustrated.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map