Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Surgery in the Key of Bob

The September issues of British music mags Mojo and Uncut both have Dylan cover features and an accompanying free CD of artists who've covered Dylan. Uncut's is strictly covers of "Highway 61," whereas Mojo's is a bit more eclectic--my favorite is Nancy Sinatra's rendition of "It Ain't Me Babe." You can almost see the Hullabaloo dancers waving their arms in front of her.

This morning, I had to meet with a surgeon because it has been conclusively determined that the pains in my stomach are not stress, but a malfunctioning gallbladder which is scheduled to be removed two weeks from tomorrow. So I was filling out forms, and the line asked for "Next Of Kin" and now I can't get this out of my mind: "Best notify my next of kin, this wheel shall explode!"

And then there's the ever-popular, "Like A Rolling Gallstone."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map