Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Peasants Are Back

Peasant skirts, that is. I saw a profusion of them this morning on the subway, worn mostly with boots, although I did see the occasional sandal. It's as if everyone's so tired of wintry weather that they're dressing far warmer than the 51 degree temperature would indicate.

The warm weather look that's being pitched in all the chain stores right now is polished chinos, fitted at the hip and thigh and flared at the bottom. In other words, the exact opposite of the way most adult women are built. But if I recall and link correctly, this was the case last year, too, and most actual women bought some kind of long, flaring skirt. You saw them everywhere at every price, from Saks to street fairs.

I picked up two at the Gap that served me well through several heat waves. They will no doubt be pressed into service again this summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map