Monday, April 17, 2006

101 Uses for a Dead iPod

It seems as if I've had to recharge my 3rd Gen iPod about every ninety minutes lately, and this morning it wouldn't go on at all. I could probably get another half-hour or so out of this battery, but I've decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a photo iPod. We can show my parents digital photos of their grandcats. And I've realized lately that the iPod has become my sole mode of listening to music away from my computer, so it may be worth it to splurge and get one that will last me at least as long as this one has.

I'll probably spring for a battery for this one eventually and use it as a giant thumb drive, provided the computer I plug it into has a Firewire port.

I feel as if this is a big step for me, especially because I still refer to my iPod as a Walkman, the way my grandmother would call the refrigerator an icebox.

P.S. The spell check still doesn't recognize the word "iPod" and insists that I use "wiped." As in, "I wiped all the files off my old iPod before sending its carcass back to Apple."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map