Monday, April 03, 2006

Kosher 4 Passover

Having grown up in an interfaith family, I've noticed that the difference in dietary laws between Catholics and Jews is as big as the difference between Catholicism and Judaism.

With Catholicism, God thunders out of the sky pointing a big finger at you and shouting, "I see you eating that hamburger on Good Friday! After what my Son did for you?"

Whereas, two Jews will argue from now to Shevous about what's kosher and not kosher for Passover.

"Lima beans! Lima beans, definitely not kosher!"

There's a discussion on Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen right now about traditional and non-traditional Passover recipes. Wouldn't hurt for Easter, either.

One law according to me: Matzoh should always be eaten with prunes. Trust me.

Or, you could try this.

Comments:
"One law according to me: Matzoh should always be eaten with prunes. Trust me."

Or, plenty of water. Trust my mother.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map