Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Ohio, The Sequel"

I was in J&R Music on Sunday when a white-haired little old lady rushed in and excitedly said to the manager, "Do you have the new Neil Young album, 'Impeach Bush'?"

After the manager had answered her in the negative and I stopped cracking up, I told her that the CD wasn't out yet. But she could listen to selections from the new album, which is called "Living With War," free of charge at neilyoung.com. The song she was thinking of was "Let's Impeach The President."

This album makes Neil the second Vietnam-era rocker to weigh in on the current situation, along with John Fogarty's "Deja Vu All Over Again." So I can take back my comment about having not seen the country so polarized since 1970, and "the music had been a lot better then."

Nah, the music really had been consistently better then.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map