Friday, August 18, 2006

The Early Cats Get the Worm


I woke up this morning to find our cats in the living room standing over the dried-out body of an earthworm. I don't know where it came from, since we have no earth in the apartment. Perhaps it came in on somebody's shoe.

This leaves me with unanswered questions, such as, "Was the earthworm alive when they found it?" and "How long does something have to be dead before it loses moisture like that?"

I had had similar questions a few months ago when I awoke to find them batting around a dried-out dead waterbug.

And the thing is, when you go "Ew!" and take the corpse away in a paper towel, the cats get resentful. "Hey! That was ours! Boy, that's the last time we make you a gift."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map