Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Love Being Reduced To A Cultural Stereotype

I dumped HBO and Cinemax, since I wasn't watching them and I'm ridding clutter from my life. I've been watching this station a lot:
AmericanLife TV NetworkSM , your Baby Boomer TVSM choice, speaks to the interests and values of the unstoppable Baby Boomer generation; delivering entertaining classic programs and award-winning originals.

The unstoppable Baby Boomer generation. Far out, give me some of that groovy Lipitor.

I discovered it one night while channel-surfing after I got my HD high-def digital hookup. They were showing "My Favorite Martian," which I hadn't seen in years and which was one of those shows where somebody was an alien or a witch or a ghost and nobody was supposed to know. Except maybe Tim, Darren or Mrs. Muir.

They also have not only the "Man" but the "Girl from U.N.C.L.E." and "I Spy." Last night was a slew of MTM comedies from the '70s and '80s. The great thing is that now that the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" has been off Nick for a few years, where everyone had seen each episode a hundred times, now I kinda miss it and want to see it again.

P.S. Like Mary, I actually have a sunken living room, although mine is unintentional.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map