Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"I Am America (And So Can You!)"

Okay, there was going to be a big picture up here of Stephen Colbert appearing at the Apple Store in Soho last Tuesday--the day he announced his candidacy on his show--and he was standing in front of this big screen, and then when I downloaded my cell phone pictures the other night Stephen Colbert looked like a little ant standing in front of a brightly-lit postage stamp.


And then I had a picture of the big big line that my neighbors Gary and Cyndi and I had been standing in for two-and-a-half hours to see Stephen Colbert at the Apple Store, which is how I think I got the cold; it was being passed down the line. A line that stretched from Prince Street up Greene to Houston. And that cell phone picture came out looking crappy, too.


So you'll just have to take my word for it that we were there and enjoying the popular comedian as he read chapters on Religion and Sex from his new book. Then he stepped out of character--the character he refers to as "willfuly ignorant" and a "holy innocent"--and was interviewed and did a Q&A with the audience. I'm looking for the name of the guy who interviewed him and it's not on the site and I didn't write it down.



Some interesting facts:

There's a podcast available, or at least there should be, because the Apple Store was taping one. And somebody should have pictures posted somewhere too, because they didn't use my camera phone.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map