Friday, December 07, 2007

Kitty Teeth and Ears


I'm waiting for a call from the vet's office, where I dropped off Ashley this morning for her annual dental work. They're also supposed to clean her ears and remove the (we hope) benign tumor in one of them.

I Google'd "ear tumors in cats" and found out that even malignant tumors in cat ears are usually local and rarely spread to other parts of the body. Also, many ear tumors in cats are actually skin tumors and they appear in the ears of white cats who are exposed to too much sunlight. I remember reading that somewhere when I first got my original cats. My original cats were pure white. They, and my present cats, are indoor-only and my apartment rarely gets any direct sunlight.

Given the darkness of my apartment, the cats would be more likely to sprout mushrooms. So I'm waiting to hear that my cat has sprouted mushrooms.

Update, Friday Evening:

They'll have the results of the biopsy on Monday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map