Monday, January 28, 2008

The Page 123 Book Meme

I've been tagged by amba for this meme:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I was at work when I "got" the tag, and the nearest book was the "Visual Quickstart Guide to Photoshop CS." There's a message in this, I decided. The message is, "I should actually pick this up more often, so that I will Suck Less at Photoshop."

But it didn't really fit the meme, so I waited until I got home. I picked up the book nearest to the living room. It was Better Homes and Gardens "Carb Counter's Diabetic Cookbook." Page 123 is a recipe for Grilled Salmon with Herb Crust.  The three sentences, out of context, read like a cooking haiku:

"Transfer to a shallow dish.
Or use a sharp knife to finely chop oregano, cilantro, green onions, and garlic. 
Transfer to a shallow dish."

I don't know if that fits the meme either, but it's tastier than Photoshop.

As far as tagging somebody, if you're reading this and are near books and feel like taking a shot, consider yourself tagged.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map