Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Duper

I actually watched the Super Bowl last night. I even watched the pre-game show, which had a film where dozens of athletes recited the Declaration of Independence. "Okay, I get it," I said. "We became a separate country, and now it's time to play football."

If I'd turned the game off five minutes before the end, I would have thought the Patriots had it wrapped up. But then the ball went flying across the whole state of Arizona and Plaxico Burress placed it on the other side of the goal and boom, the Giants won. I could hear the cheers from the Riv, down the block, and even on the streets. It was like New Year's Eve. It was called, "At least one New York team didn't suck this season!"

Of course, I really watched it for the commercials. One of the actors in one of the CareerBuilder commercials looked familiar. My sister-in-law called to tell me it was Danny Kinsella, who we knew from comedy club days many years ago.

I'm changing my name to Plaxico, because it's a cool name.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map