Saturday, April 26, 2008

Poop: The Ultimate Recycling

At the Go Green Expo this afternoon, there was paper made from elephant dung and plant food made from worm casings. Both of these things had no odor.

There was a lot of other crap there, too.

There was a Hummer that runs on recycled french fry grease. I had no idea how that smelled, because it wasn't running.

There was jewelry made from recycled magazines. The beads looked as if they'd be heavy, but were very light. Also, fake "ivory" made from dried plants. I don't know what happens if you're wearing it when you get caught in the rain; do you end up wearing a rhododendron and a phone book around your neck?

There were a lot of vendors that had to stretch to fill the concept of green. If I'd known that, I would have taken one myself and held an apartment sale. "Help make my home sustainable!"

I may be able to clear out enough stuff around here to be able to live, uncomfortably, in the remaining two-thirds of my apartment as they recycle my living room floor. I've been weighing all of my options since yesterday, and it may be the least stressful choice.

The work is supposed to begin on May 12th.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map