Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Good Problem

After watching the debates last night and reading the spin on the debates this morning, I've come to the conclusion that I have more integrity than either of the candidates, so I'm going to spend the weekend concentrating on me.

I have a good problem right now. I've lost 18 pounds since May. I tried on my non-hot-weather clothes the other day and they're swimming on me. So now I have to divide them into "Get them altered," "give them away" and "put them in a box in the closet for when I put the weight back on and then some." Because despite the fact that I lost the weight by learning to eat sensibly for the first time in my life, deep down inside I'm certain it will come back and when it does, I will need pants.

So off I go to the cleaner, the tailor, the Gap, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Filene's Basement and Club Monaco. Because no matter who's in charge of this crazy country, I will need clothes to wear to work, assuming I still have a job, or the inevitable year of job interviewing in case I don't.

Meanwhile, if I don't, here's an idea to keep the cash flow coming in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map