Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oba-mania and the Palin-drome

If you're an old person like me, this video will remind you of that "Buy The World A Coke" commercial from the early '70s.

I always thought it was too treacly and preferred the Mr. Mike version from the National Lampoon:
I'd like to give the world a hug,
And tell it jokes and stuff
Then pull its pants down to its shoes
And chase it through the rough.
I'm voting Democratic, but the last mania I had was for the Monkees.

Alternately, conservative columnist Kathleen Parker recently criticized McCain's choice of Sarah Palin, and got a response that would be startling to anyone who doesn't read political blogs:
The emotional pitch of many comments suggests an overinvestment
in Palin as "one of us."
Hey, no excrement, Holmes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map