Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Finally.


Anybody going to an Election Day party tonight? I'll be having a one-woman bash in my easy chair, flipping back and forth between CNN, Fox, NY1 and a mini-marathon of "House."

I'll also be checking in on the live-blogging festivities here, here and here, while having "a glass of win." Hopefully.

Update, 11 PM EST: It sounds like New Year's Eve outside my window. I don't even know where it's coming from. It's like the whole neighborhood is cheering.

11:20 PM: I stepped outside and it was the whole neighborhood cheering--people walking down the street cheering, stumbling out of bars cheering, leaning out windows cheering. Especially young black people. Especially young black gay people. (Hey, it's the Village.) Car horns are honking.

McCain is giving a very classy concession speech. My country is very classy tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map