Saturday, November 08, 2008

Here's Where You Get To Solve My Problems

I've been falling asleep in meetings at work. This is not due to a boring speaker, but to the white noise in the conference room.

And it doesn't matter if I've had a full night of sleep, or how energetic I feel that day. I sit down in the conference room and bam, my eyelids start getting heavy and I go into this alpha state. And then instead of the IT Department showing us new software, the Pope is singing "Cool Jerk" and he's got six cardinals for a back-up group.

And the last time, my boss caught me at it, which you really don't want when there are big-time layoffs going on. Usually I try to position a few bulky people between me and her, or I try to force the eye open that's facing her. But during the last meeting I was suddenly jolted out of my reverie by "Wake up, Melinda, this applies to you."

The positive thing is that the next time I do suffer from insomnia, I could always sneak into the conference room and grab forty winks.

I could also mention this problem to co-workers and see if anyone else has had this experience. We'd still have to have our meetings there, but at least I wouldn't feel so weird about my seeming narcolepsy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map