Wednesday, December 03, 2008

One and One-Half Wandering Jews

I always thought that should be the theme song for me and Jim. Paul Simon wrote it about his marriage to Carrie Fisher.


Carrie Fisher has a new autobiography that I'm planning to read. She grew up in Hollywood at the same time that I was growing up in the Bronx, her parents and Liz Taylor were the Jen-Brad-Angelina of their day, and she was Princess Leia when I was an office temp. She writes about all of those things. Okay, not about me being an office temp, but about her parents and Paul Simon and Star Wars:

"I tell my younger friends that one day they'll be at a bar playing pool and they'll look up at the television set and there will be a picture of Princess Leia with two dates underneath, and they'll say, 'awww -- she said that would happen.'"

And like that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map