Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Melindafish

Getting a sunburn on my dorsal fin.
I read this today on the Lileks bleat:
A few weeks ago I found some slides of a 1950s Mexican vacation at the antique store. I sorted through the batch until I lost interest--why do people shoot the sea and the sky? we always think the pictures will bring the vacation back to life, but they never do.
This is why I didn't get a lot of pictures of the sea and the sky unless they had me in them. Because otherwise I'd be looking at the picture five years from now and thinking "Is that when I was visiting my relatives in Miami?" Whereas I'll look at these and say, "Oh yeah, I remember that bathing suit."

Comments:
Welcome back! Glad you got a real vacation. That's on my list for this year. Looking forward to seeing more photos.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map