Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Prez Pre-Empted a "House" Episode I Haven't Seen

I've been keeping away from political blogs lately, but I almost posted to a conservative blog during Obama's speech on the stimulus last night. The meme on those blogs lately has been "the Democrats are trying to scare us in order to get what they want!" I was about to write, "As I sit across from so many empty cubicles in my office..."

Then I had a sense of deja vu and I remembered six years ago I'd posted to a liberal blog, "As I stand across the street from the smoldering ruins of the World Trade Center..." when the US invaded Iraq.

So who knows whether or not this stuff will work if and when it's passed, but it was a teachable moment for me. It taught me, "Keep away from political blogs."

Obama thinks fast on his feet, but speaks in slow measures. You could drive a truck through some of his pauses. It was one of those times I wished Jim were MST3K-ing it with me:

Obama: I didn't just pull these numbers out of...

Me: My ass. No, too vulgar. The thin air.

Obama: ...a hat.

Me: Hat is good.

As Seth Meyers said on last Saturday's Weekend Update, "That's okay. The last guy broke the world."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map