Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I Just Want My Pants Back"

I've been catching up on my reading while recovering from The Leg. This week I read a great piece of Guy Lit: David J. Rosen's I Just Want My Pants Back. It's about a twentysomething named Jason Strider who lives in a tiny apartment in the West Village, has a suckass job and goes out every night partying and trying to get laid. One review says "It's as if Bright Lights, Big City had been given a polish by a young Woody Allen." It also reminded me of one of my all-time favorite novels, The Breaks. It's like, The Breaks: The Next Generation.

Besides: Tiny apartment in the West Village, partying, suckass job, trying to get laid? Been there, done that, albiet a good twenty years before Jason Strider. And I'm a girl, so it wasn't so much trying to get laid as looking for "a lump of clay I could mold into the Perfect Boyfriend." I could relate to the eventual "taking responsibility" part, though.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nyc bloggers map